• Liaise Between LIWSA and BCSA ,CSA ( this includes trips to Vancouver for AGM and all adult forums and SGMs )
• Work with Victoria United ( BCSA, VISL, LISA and Pacific FC)
• Oversee all the daily operations and supply support where needed.
• Have all LIWSA committees report to the president for final approval.
• Work with the competitions committee.
• Provincials belong to the President from start to finish.
• Fill vacant executive positions where needed.
• All permits to be checked and approved by the president
• Do schedules for season and Cup Games
• Plus during the season issues arise that the president needs to address and deal with
• Chair all LIWSA meetings!
• Act in the absence of the President and shall have other powers as assigned by the Board.
• Support to the exec
• Support the president, advise on decisions
• Chair committees if needed
• Any additional work handed down by the president
• Ensure that full and accurate records are kept of the accounts of the League
• Report to the Board at least once per quarter
• Submit an Annual Financial Report to annual meetings of the members.
• Keep a record of all minutes of the organization
• Keep on file all committee reports
• Run elections and notify officers and committee members of their election or appointment
• Furnish committees with those documents required to perform their duties
• Sign all certified copies of acts of the organization, unless otherwise specified in the League’s published rules
• Maintain record books in which the constitution, published rules and minutes are entered and to have the current record books available at each meeting
• Send out to the membership a notice of each meeting of the members
• Send out to the Board notice of each meeting
• Conduct the general correspondence of the organization that is not the proper function of another office or committee
• Prepare, prior to each meeting in consultation with the presiding officer, an order of business
• In the absence of the president and vice-president to preside until the immediate election or appointment of a new presiding officer.
• Update content on website
• Update content on social media platforms (FB, Instagram, Twitter)
• Create online survey forms
• Organize and distribute monthly newsletter (new)
• Victoria United Footballer of the Week nominations – collate and post
Discipline Chair & Rules & Regulations (Vacant)
• Hold and chair Discipline hearings for players receiving red cards during the season.
• Contact players and team representatives to notify of hearings. Provide documents needed for hearings.
• Ensure Rules and Regulations are kept up to date.
Competitions Chair (Vacant)
• Organizing All-Star event - typically held in January
• Organizing player nominations, getting player info and ensuring players are available
• Selection of coaches for All-Star teams
• Organize and host All Star player draft night with selected coaches
• Lead communication with players and coaches
• Submit shirt orders and giveaway soccer balls
• Set-up & take-down on day of All Star event; managing check-in table for players, handing out shirts
• Presenting awards: Game MVPs and winning Coach
* All Star Event: Approximate volunteer hours per week (on average) 1-2 hours from October to January; some weeks could be less; full day on day of event: 7 hrs
• Organizing LIWSA Cup competitions - typically held in March
• Organizing Cup declarations
• Organizing Cup draw & schedule
• Organizing the Cup finals: securing field location, dates, times
• Set-up & take-down on day of Cup Finals - typical two days (2-3 games each day)
• Managing check-in table for players & presenting awards: Cup Champs & MVPs
* Cup Competition Event(s): Approximate volunteer hours per week (on average) 1-2 hours from October to mid-November; some weeks could be less; in March full day on days of event: 7 hrs each day (2 days)
Please note: We hope to recruit not only a Competitions Chair, but some members to assist this role with organizing tasks, this would lessen the workload on one person. Ideally 1-2 additional committee members for each event would go a long way.
• Contact and advise members on obtaining Criminal Record checks
• Track completion of Criminal Record Checks for all members required
Division Liaison (Premier, Div. 1, Div. 2, Div. 3, O30s)
• Point of contact for members in that division with questions/concerns
• Contacts members with information regarding important dates, meeting notifications, other info sent out by executive