The LIWSA's mission is to promote, organize, and represent Women's soccer of all levels on Vancouver Island and Salt Spring Island.
|Casey Tepper | firstname.lastname@example.org|
Day to day operational duties:
- Primary contact for membership and public - on day to day matters.
- Direct any correspondence received to the appropriate director.
- Work closely with Registrar during Registration period
- Work closely with Communications Chair - to update website/social media
- Work closely with Risk Management Officer - to ensure CRCs are up-to-date
- Organize materials & scheduling for Discipline hearings and matters
- Attend BCSA and/or special events and meetings - representing & reporting back to BOD
- League Game Scheduler - working closely with Divisional Liaisons
- Manage & process all player permits (Youth & Interclub)
- Treasurer duties such as:
- Process expense payments & referee payroll
- Process discipline fines
- Process registration fees (Team & Player)
- Provide monthly revenue/expense statements to bookeeper
- Point of contact regarding fees & payments between LIWSA & Clubs
- Maintain Bank account and Post Office box.
- BC Soccer Provincials - point of contact
- Photograph selected games, working closely with Kelly Wallace - including but not limited to editing & posting.
|Stacie Madelung | email@example.com|
- Manage inquiries - Team Registration
- Manage inquiries - Player Registration
- Manage inquiries/set up - Team Officials Registration
- Works closely with Operations Manager during Registration period
LIWSA Executive Board & Contact Info
|Marta Ausio-Esteve | firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Liaise between LIWSA, BCSA, CSA (incl travel to Vancouver for AGM, SGM, adult forums)
- Work with Victoria United (BCSA, VISL, LISA & PFC)
- Oversee all the daily operations and supply support where needed.
- Have all LIWSA committees report to the president for final approval
- Provincials belong to the President from start to finish.
- Fill vacant executive positions where needed.
- Chair all LIWSA meetings.
|Vacant | email@example.com|
- Act in the absence of the President and shall have other powers as assigned by the Board.
- Support to the exec
- Support the president, advise on decisions
- Chair committees if needed
- Any additional work handed down by the president
|Cheryl Van Ireland | firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Keep a record of all meeting minutes
- Keep on file all committee reports
- Run elections and notify officers and committee members of their election or appointment
- Furnish committees with those documents required to perform their duties
- Sign all certified copies of acts of the organization, unless otherwise specified in the League’s published rules
- Maintain record books in which the constitution, published rules and minutes are entered and to have the current record books available at each meeting
- Send out to the membership a notice of each meeting of the members
- Send out to the Board notice of each meeting
- Conduct the general correspondence of the organization that is not the proper function of another office or committee
- Prepare, prior to each meeting in consultation with the presiding officer, an order of business
- In the absence of the president and vice-president to preside until the immediate election or appointment of a new presiding officer.
|VACANT | email@example.com|
- Update content on website
- Update content on social media platforms (FB, Instagram, Twitter)
- Online Surveys
- Organize and distribute monthly newsletter (new)
- Victoria United Footballer of the Week nominations - collate and post
|Leah Crisp | firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Hold and chair Discipline hearings for players receiving red cards during the season.
- Contact players and team representatives to notify of hearings. Provide documents needed for hearings.
- Ensure Rules and Regulations are kept up to date.
|VACANT | email@example.com|
- Organizing All-Star event - typically held in January
- Organizing player nominations, getting player info & availability
- Selection of coaches for All-Star teams
- Organize & Host All Star player draft night.
- Lead communication with players/coaches
- Submit shirt orders/giveaway soccer balls
- Set-up, sign-in & take-down on day of All Star event
- Presenting awards: Game MVPs and winning Coach
* All Star Event: Approximate volunteer hours per week (on average) 1-2 hours from October to January; some weeks could be less; full day on day of event: 7 hrs
- Organizing LIWSA Cup competitions - typically held in March
- Organizing Cup declarations
- Organizing Cup draw & schedule
- Organizing the Cup finals: securing field location, dates, times
- Set-up & take-down on day of Cup Finals - typical two days (2-3 games each day)
- Managing check-in table for players & presenting awards: Cup Champs & MVPs
* Cup Competition Event(s): Approximate volunteer hours per week (on average) 1-2 hours from October to mid-November; some weeks could be less; in March full day on days of event: 7 hrs each day (2 days)
|Heather Todd | firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Contact and advise members on obtaining Criminal Record checks
- Track completion of Criminal Record Checks for all members required
|Division Liaison (Premier, Div. 1, 2, 3, O30s, O35)|
- LIWSA point of contact for teams & members in that division
- Respond to inquiries within designated division
- At times distribute communications; ie. important dates, meetings, etc.
- Gareth Crisp | email@example.com
- Sanja Dodos | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adriano Sumberac | email@example.com
- Samantha Eburne | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Harward | email@example.com
- Sharon Scott | firstname.lastname@example.org
Associated Clubs in LIWSA
Soccer Clubs and Associations that participate in the Lower Island Women's Soccer Association are: